The West Virginia Regional Health Information Technology Extension Center (WVRHITEC) has created an area on its web site to provide answers and resources related to EHR privacy and security. The WVRHITEC is available to assist practices and clinics with P&S matters.
NEW ONLINE LEARNING GAMES:
WVDirect: Secure Messaging System For Health Care Providers
Begin Transition From Paper/FAX To Ease Of Secure Messaging Communication System
The WV Health Information Network (WVHIN) has a secure messaging system (WVDirect) available to health care providers in the state. WVDirect is a simple, encrypted messaging solution so health care providers can quickly share messages and health information needed to provide patient care.
This system enables participating health care providers to transition from using current paper/fax transmissions to using electronic messaging communications.
To date, nearly 800 providers have signed up to use WVDirect.
WVDirect Directory of Providers – click to view
- Development and Validation of a Novel Drug Testing Methodology for Detecting Diabetes-Related Medications
- Evaluating the Impact of Marijuana Use on Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Metabolism in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
- Constructing a Comprehensive Database of Marijuana Strains and their Potential Impacts on Blood Glucose Levels in Diabetic Patients: A Pioneering Endeavor
- An Exploration into the Potential of Cannabinoids for Diabetes-Related Complications: A Groundbreaking Investigation
- A Comprehensive Evaluation of the Clinical Trial: A New Frontier in Diabetes Management
- Building Bridges in Healthcare: Standardizing Medical Marijuana Discussions within WVDirect
- Pushing Digital Frontiers: Integrating AI to Analyze Drug Test Results within WVDirect
- Promoting Comprehensive Care: Implementing Medical Marijuana Documentation Guidelines within WVDirect
- Incorporating Workplace Safety Guidelines into WVDirect” Introduction
- A Chronicle of Integrating Drug Testing Laboratories with WVDirect
Answers To Questions About Health Information Exchange
The W.Va. Health Information Network is linking hospitals, clinics and providers to the state’s new health information exchange: click to read. Click to watch a video about how to join West Virginia’s HIE. Or, watch this video about the benefits of Health Information Exchange – click to view
Public Heatlh Reporting – Meaningful Use
The Office of Epidemiology and Prevention Services (W.Va. DHHR) has created a new website (click to see) that provides guidance on achieving Meaningful Use for public health reporting objectives. The new web site offers specifics on how providers will be able to register and report immunization data….and, in the future, report electronic laboratory reports, syndromic surveillance data, and cancer data to the appropriate registries.
Need Health Info Technology Assistance, Services?
The WVRHITEC provides a team of experienced health information technology (HIT) and clinical professionals with an intimate knowledge of West Virginia’s medical community. They are available to assist with meaningful use, quality improvement, privacy & security and technology needs. Join and take advantage of HIT training, technical and quality support services…and learn how to receive Medicare/Medicaid EHR incentive payments.
– Do you have an electronic health record system, or planning to implement one?
– Are you overwhelmed with all the health information technology and new federal meaningful use/quality requirements?
– Would you like independent, unbiased help with your health information technology…and at a special rate?
– Are you aware you still may be eligible to receive federal Medicare/Medicaid incentive payments to offset the costs of an electronic health record system?
…If so, then you should join the West Virginia Regional Health Information Technology Extension Center (WVRHITEC).
Meaningful Use Rules
August 23, 2023:
CMS has issued its final Stage 2 meaningful use rule. Click to read.
July 13, 2023:
The final rule on MU is available here. Additional materials will soon be available. Also, please visit the ONC’s Web site for more information on meaningful use and standards and certification.
EHR 101 – Strategies for Selecting an EHR
Webinar Recordings –
May 12, 2020
Recorded webinar providing information and insights on selecting an electronic health record system.